Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekly classes are coming to a close end... I am offering the children in our neighborhood an art class: Paint supplies, basic instruction of technique and application and material to play with. We have had up to 8 children show up.
They are eager to learn, look, and paint without concern. I just collected the paintbox I had left behind in my brothers house, so this will give me more options in the next session.

I myself am being challenged with another venue: wooden statues of saints, usually made in PR called "Santos". My interest would be local themes such as the figure of a country man or Jibaro, dancers, etc. I found 2 books on how to carve in wood in the house while cleaning up, and bumped into a "Santero" , author of an instruction book that also offers classes... hmmm,... You do know how curious I am feeling these days and the urge gets stronger the longer I wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment