Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's a Fathers day gift

Today is a lazy, rainy summer day.

We had a second session with the neighborhood children. This time we had 7 participants from 6 - 13 yrs age (2 females). The older girls help the younger ones and they all take turns with the material. Today they made a portrait for their fathers(tomorrow is Fathers Day). One child asked what to do if his father was not there... he is in jail and gets out in October.

The children are so eager to participate. It is summer and there is nothing for them to do all day. They have no paper or crayons, but we managed to get some colored paper and plain drawing paper thanks to my husband Steve. Todays lesson was again color mixing and adding white or black to the color...fun!

I just realized I can add a photo! I must start doing that the next time, I will see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment