Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I am in Newman Gallery!

Yes, the call came through today explaining that while I am in PR, that my painting "Museum Stroll" is in Newman Gallery in Philadelphia, PA with the other Sketch Club members. Feels good to know that all went well and the painting is safe and in display, as all paintings from the heart should be.

I started painting here in my home away from home, but found that the children in the neighborhood wanted to share in the fun. So, today was the first neighborhood class on art and painting. These children do not play at home with Wi or Nintendo or any other electronic devices. They play in the street, fish in the lagoon, you occasionally hear them being scolded by an adult and there is not much to do in the summer. So today they learned about primary colors, and how to "look" at items before you paint them. They saw colors in things they never imagined such as more than white in a white jar of paint and more than yellow in a mango or lemon. They did not have paper, nor crayons, and playing with colors was a treat... for me and them!

2 comments:

  1. Edna,this is great! Your talent with paint & other medias is also being passed on to those kids who probably would not have the opportunity to know or learn this. Who knows, you may be mentoring the next Picasso! What a wonderful way to share your dreams! I applaud you my cousin!

    ReplyDelete