Friday, July 2, 2010

I am so confused...

Truth be told, I am a little confused right now. I only started painting a little over 3 n 1/2 yers ago and things are moving very quickly. Today I finally set up my webpage and did a search to find where I am in the marketing of the site. After polishing EdnaSantiagoArt for a year, I let it drop and someone else took the webname. So...that one is on top and I was alover the place. I searched for painting by Edna Santiago and discovered I was in an article written by Don Brewer on the Philadelphia Sketch club exhibit at Newman Galleries (http://www.brewermultimedia.com). There it was, my painting "Museum Stroll". the very one in my blog, as a sample of the works at the show. I do not get it. I am mostly self taught and do not paint in realism or on themes of barns and fields. But there is the painting, of which I am so proud to present, offered to the world to see on someone elses page. You want to be found; want to be recognized but no one warns you of the embarassment you feel when it happens. I struggled because I did not paint like others and finally accepted my color choices and topics. I can stop comparing myself and continue to focus on what I feel when I paint. Now just keep repeating to yourself: Am I there yet? Am I having fun? ()


http://www.brewermultimedia.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment