Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Color of Heat

The Temperatures today reached 106 degrees according to the thermostat in my car. The temperature it read, while sitting in the dark of a parking garage x 2 hours was 102.
I braved the elements and met with my ARTsisters (monthly business meeting). It was worth every degree!

I once went to Dallas for a wedding, and the temperature there was 113 degrees... the sky was yellow, the grass was yellow, the heat felt yellow. No one was to be seen, everyone was locked up in their homes and cars, offices with the AC or fan blowing the heat as far away as possible.

No birds in the sky, no children playing outside, no one walking the sidewalks. It was eerie, like a Twilight zone episode. That was then and there.

Today was too close to Texas for comfort.... Back to my Air conditioned house.

No comments:

Post a Comment